Registered Nurse - Rapid Response Posting External
|Company Name||Mississauga Halton Community Care Access Centre (CCAC)|
|Date Posted||Sep 11, 2012|
We’re Seeking Exceptional People to Join Our Team
Mississauga Halton Community Care Access Centre (CCAC) is committed to providing outstanding care to every person, every day.
As one of 14 CCACs across Ontario, our staff help clients plan and make informed choices about their health care options. To do this, they work in partnership with clients, families, care providers, hospitals, long-term care homes and others. At the heart of our work is quality community care that focuses on meeting each client’s best interests. Whether a job involves direct client contact or supports those who interact with clients daily, we empower every employee to focus on our clients and their families. As demand for Mississauga Halton CCAC services continues to rise, we have a strategic plan that positions us to successfully meet this challenge. Integral to this plan is having exceptional people in place.
We are currently seeking to fill Seven (7) FTE - Registered Nurse - Rapid Response positions.
Competition # FY1213-041
Date Posted: September 10, 2012
Date Closed: September 23, 2012
Start Date: Immediately
Reports to: Client Services
Job Rate: CUPE Salary Band 5: $35.29 - $41.06 per hour
Permanent Full-time (5 FTE) – Seniors with Complex Care Needs,
Permanent Full-time (1 FTE) – Medically Complex Children,
Permanent Part-time -
• 0.6 FTE
• 0.4 FTE
Team: Rapid Response Nurse
Current primary assigned location: TBD
The Rapid Response Nursing Program is a new initiative to the CCAC’s to ensure effective transition from acute to home care for two target populations: medically complex children and frail adults and seniors with complex needs and/or high risk characteristics. This program also ensures communication and linkage with primary care; and provides timely and effective rapid response home care. The Rapid Response Nurse provides the first in-home nursing visit within 24 hours from hospital discharge for high needs seniors and children.
• Registered Nurse (BScN or diploma), in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Minimum of 5 (five) years of relevant experience as a Registered Nurse
• Emergency/critical care, medicine/surgical and community nursing experience an asset
• Working knowledge of community resources and roles of health care professionals
• Working knowledge of the nursing process, the consultation process, program planning and crisis management
• Solid knowledge of health care related legislation and practices
• Knowledge of direct care/case management models used in community health care organizations
• Able to communicate with clients’, their families, and other relevant individuals in order to follow through with care plan directives
• Demonstrated awareness of cultural diversity, as well as ability to behave discreetly and sensitively to confidential issues
• Advanced assessment and diagnostic reasoning skills
• Must be able to practice independently and interdependently
• Criminal Reference Check and vulnerable sector screening required for permanent full time Registered Nurse assigned to medically complex children’s case load
• Valid Driver’s License and access to a reliable motor vehicle with appropriate business class liability insurance is required
• Proof of immunization against communicable diseases required
• Ability to communicate in French or another language an asset
HOW TO LEARN MORE AND APPLY:
If you are seeking a chance to truly make a difference in the lives of others as well as your own, please apply on-line. All applications will be reviewed. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this vacancy, please submit a resume with covering letter referencing Competition #FY1213-041 via the following link: qhrnet.ccac-ont.ca/06-mh
Thank you for your interest in joining our exceptional team at Mississauga Halton CCAC. For more information about us, please visit our website at www.mh.ccac-ont.ca
Key word search: MHCCAC, community health care and support services, registered nurse, rapid response, home care, hospital, emergency, critical care
- Director of Strategic Communications and Community Engagement posted 4 days ago.
- A Round of Applause posted 12 days ago.
- Physiotherapists posted 12 days ago.
- Nurse Practitioner - Intensive Home Care Team posted 25 days ago.
- Nurses posted about 1 year ago.