1. 2013 Annual Hospice Palliative Care Ontario (HPCO) Conference
Date: April 28-30, 2013
Location: Sheraton Parkway Toronto North Hotel and Convention Centre, Richmond Hill, Ontario
This premier annual provincial conference attracts over 500 delegates from the hospice palliative care community, including practitioners such as physicians, nurses, social workers, case managers, educators, spiritual and bereavement care advisors and other health and community care professionals with an interest in the hospice palliative care field.
The conference program includes dynamic keynote presentations from leaders who are creating change in the hospice palliative care community. A selection of over 50 workshops reflecting evidence-based practice, best practice principles, innovative programming or clinical challenges on topics related to Scientific/ Advanced Clinical Practice; Leadership/Systems/Integration; Volunteer Management; Psychosocial/ Spiritual/ Bereavement and Complementary Therapy.
Scientific research and descriptive oral papers and posters also complement the program, as well as many sponsors and exhibitors showcasing their products and services. Visit our website frequently for program updates at www.hpco.ca
For further information about this conference, please contact: Teresa Sottile, Conference Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Partners in Prevention 2013 Health & Safety Conference & Trade Show – National
Date: April 30 – May 1, 2013
Location: The International Centre, Mississauga, Ontario
Partners in Prevention 2013 is Canada’s largest health and safety event bringing together 4,500+ health and safety professionals for networking, education and knowledge sharing. It is a national event hosted by all the partners in Ontario’s Prevention System and offers access to best practices, compliance advice and business solutions via 60+ interactive sessions, workshops and professional development courses.
Sessions of special interest to health care professionals include:
- Health 2.0: How Medicine, Media, Personal Decisions, Behaviours, and Stories are Creating a Whole New Way of Navigating Health Care – Dr. Mike Evans, Renowned Health Care Expert
- The Canadian Alliance for Sustainable Health Care – Glen Hodgson, Senior Vice President and Chief Economist, Conference Board of Canada
- Psychological Health & Safety in the Workplace: Navigating For Successful Implementation (CAN/CSA Z1003-12/BNQ 9700-803/2013) – Half Day Professional Development Course (priced separately)
- Random Drug Testing in Canada: The New Standard of Due Diligence – Dan Demers, Operations Manager, CannAmm Occupational Testing Services
For more information, visit: www.PartnersinPreventionConference.com
3. “En garde for thee” – National Education Conference on Infection Prevention and Control 2013
Date: June 1-5, 2013, PreConference Day – June 2, 2013
Location: Ottawa Convention Centre
Fields of Interest: Hospital, community and long term care infection control professionals; clinical and medical microbiologists; infectious disease specialists; environmental services
For more information: http://www.chica.org